How can I migrate BL Banking?
A migration of BL Banking may be necessary for the following reasons, for example.
- A new operating system will be installed on the computer running BL Banking.
- An existing installation of BL Banking shall be copied to a new computer.
To migrate, please proceed as follows.
- As described in FAQ 101, find out in which directory the data of your current BL Banking is located. This directory has the name workspace.
- Copy this directory to a temporary location, such as a network drive or USB stick.
- Update your operating system or set up a new computer.
- Reinstall BL Banking on the computer. For this purpose, download the installation file.
- In the last dialog box of the setup wizard, clear the checkbox Start BL Banking and click on Finish.
- Copy the workspace directory from the temporary location to your new installation directory. If you installed the program in a read-only directory, e.g. on Windows in
C:\Program Files\BL Banking, copy the workspace directory to the work directory you specified in the setup wizard, e.g. on Windows in